1. AMRAP: As Many Rounds (or Reps) as Possible
2. BW (or B/W): Body weight
3. CFT: CrossFit Total (A best of three attempts at a 1RM of (Press/DL/BS)
4. CF: CrossFit
5. CFHQ: CrossFit Headquarters
6. WU: Warm-up
7. C&J: Clean and Jerk
8. DL: Deadlift
9. DNF: Did Not Finish
10. EMOM: Every Minute on the Minute
11. ME (or Max Effort): To perform a movement or exercise with maximum effort
12. FS: Front Squat
13. GHD: Glute Hamstring Developer (a machine)
14. GPP: General Physical Preparedness
15. HC: Hang Clean
16. HPC: Hang Power Clean
17. HSPU: Handstand Push-up
18. HSC: Hang Squat Clean
19. KB: Kettlebell
20. KBS: Kettlebell Swing.
21. KTE (or K2E): Knees-to-Elbows
22. MetCon: Metabolic Conditioning — conditioning intended to increase the storage and delivery of energy for any activity or conditioning the muscles to better use the fuel delivered to them by improving the efficiency of the different metabolic pathways.
23. MU: Muscle-ups.
24. OHS: Overhead squat.
25. PC: Power Clean
26. PR: Personal Record
27. PP: Push Press
28. PJ: Push Jerk
29. PSn: Power Snatch
30. Rep: Repetition
31. RFT: Rounds or Reps For Time
32. Rx’d (or RX): As Prescribed; As Written. WOD done without any adjustments or substitutions.
33. 1RM (or 2RM, 3RM etc.): Repetition Maximum. Your 1RM is your max lift for one rep.
34. SC: Squat Clean
35. SDHP: Sumo Deadlift High-Pull
36. Set: A number of repetitions
37. Sn: Snatch
38. T2B (or TTB): Toes-to-bar
39. T2P: Toes-to-pole (laying leg lift)
40. WO (or W/O): Workout
41. WOD: Workout of the Day
42. Ladder: To perform one or more exercises with an ascending or descending rep range (usually with a set time domain)
43. Chipper: A workout/training session consisting of a series of exercises and their repetitions performed one time through as quickly as possible. There are no structured rest periods, you rest when you need to in order to avoid muscle failure and keep the rest periods brief.
44. Complex: A series of three or more exercises that focus on the same muscle group.
45. #: Symbol for Lbs. or Pounds.
46. 1-1-1-1-1 (or 2-2-2/3-3-3 etc.): 1-1-1-1-1 = You should be arriving at a 1RM (or 2RM/3RM etc.) over five (or otherwise stated) sets.
47. The “Girls”: A series of benchmark workouts created by CFHQ that are universally known among the CF community as benchmark workouts.
48. The “Heroes”: A Hero workout is a tribute workout in honor of a fallen CrossFitter (either Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine, Firefighter, Police officer) that died in the line of duty. They are tough and among the most difficult of WODs. There are sadly too many of them.
49. Tabata Interval (or Tabata): A workout of 8 intervals alternating 20 seconds of max rep work with 10 seconds of rest. Total is 4 minutes per exercise. Score the lowest interval rep count unless otherwise stated.
50. Paleo and Zone: Types of diet and nutrition protocol commonly found in the CF lifestyle.